To apply for a job / internship, find open positions below.
TRANSLIT (translation + IT) is a Complete Language Solutions Provider offering fast, high quality and cost effective services on demand. We are an ISO 9001 & 17100 certified company, but, most importantly, a dynamic and determined team with two offices in Ireland (Cork, Limerick) and staff all around the globe!
Our mission is to remove language barriers so that humans across the globe could be able to communicate and understand each other. We aim to open the world of languages to everyone with a team of highly-skilled experts and supported by new technologies. TRANSLIT’s professional team will cater to all of your translation and interpreting needs while ensuring that the highest standards will always be met.
Facts & numbers:
- 11+ years of professional experience in the market
- 15,000+ satisfied customers (96+% customer satisfaction ratio)
- 100+ languages used
- 20+ million words translated
- 30,000 interpreting hours delivered
- 3,000+ translators and interpreters in our network
- The highest NPS in Ireland
- Attracted investments for a successful development and launch of a unique platform for interpreting services - translit.com
At TRANSLIT, we harness the power of new technologies and human powerful talent to help businesses and individuals communicate their message to different target audiences across the globe, no matter the language, or whether it is through written or spoken word, on their website or any customised software.
TRANSLIT aims to go above and beyond to help people understand each other, break language barriers, and prevent conflicts by bringing them closer together and enabling effective communication between them to give them the power to build new towers and drive human potential onwards to its highest level.
TRANSLIT as an employer
We believe in every single team member and, therefore, welcome highly talented people who are experts in their field and feel passionate about what they do, constantly looking for improvements and innovation.
We challenge. We do not give ‘easy’ jobs - instead, we provide countless opportunities for challenge, growth and development. TRANSLIT is about tight deadlines, numerous projects and lots of tasks. This way has proven to be the most efficient to discover your hidden talent and boost your potential.
We care. Every single employee is surrounded by care and support, as we know how essential teamspirit is for our members. TRANSLIT is a family.
Our people is our main value, so we pay attention to keep our staff motivated, success-driven, solution-oriented and caring.
You're just 1 'Apply' click from become a part of the greatest team!
So If You Are Someone Who Has
Job Title: Office Administrator - Customer Service
Reporting to: Customer Success Manager
Department: Translation and Interpreting, Office Administration.
Overall Purpose: You will provide office administration, Customer Service support and assistance to your manager in the delivery of localisation projects, translation and interpreting services to TRANSLIT clients in line with Company operating standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Handling emails & queries from clients and getting back to them in a timely manner
- Making phone calls to clients and freelancers to follow up requests, handle customer queries etc.
- Deriving concrete recommendations and educating clients on company services and products
- Addressing individual needs, industry-specific requirements for the customers
- Meeting KPIs at work and providing clear reports to the Supervisor on a regular basis
- Prioritizing handling and completion of urgent tasks, as needed to meet client deliverables in a timely and effective manner
- Supporting your manager with the effective coordination of a team of translators and interpreters to deliver a wide portfolio of client requirements
- Performing basic bookkeeping, record keeping to support your manager and the department in the effective billing of clients
- Assist with project management, scheduling and reporting and any other duties assigned to you by your manager to successfully deliver projects in scope, on time and on budget
- Previous work experience in Customer Service is mandatory
- Fluent in written and verbal English (C1 level)
- Self organization skills with ability to prioritise a heavy workload and self disciplined with ability to deliver results on time every time
- Exceptional communication and listening skills with ability to navigate and overcome language barriers
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with average typing speed
- You are a good team player, quality focused, eager to learn, self-develop and take accountability for his/her own actions
This is an unpaid internship. The payment is assumed by educational institution, scholarship fund or an Intern
Duration: 5+ months
Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Office working hours: 09:00 - 18:00
Cork office: 7 South Mall, Cork, Ireland
Limerick office: 18 Mallow Street Upper, Limerick, Ireland
Please note that only the applicants who meet all the criteria will be invited for the first-stage interview.
Skills and Areas
An Intern will be involved in the following processes:
- office administration,
- handling customers queries and phone calls,
- handling urgent tasks,
- managing orders,
- coordinating a team of translators and interpreters,
- project management,
- translating and proofreading texts, interpreting,
- basic bookkeeping, records keeping,
- reporting to the supervisor,
- Internet related tasks: working with language memory systems, localising websites, posting articles, renewing links, updating content online, ad publishing etc.
This can be applied for future jobs in such areas as office administration, localisation, project management and others not limited to the language sector and to the field of translation and interpreting. The Intern will gain professional experience in staff management and direct sales, improve communication skills, presentation, reporting etc. We will provide the following training: using office equipment and software, communication guidelines when dealing with customers, writing business letters and emails.